Alltech My Farm My Future Contest - OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATIONS. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT.
Entrants are responsible for notifying the Sponsor in writing if the entrant’s contact information changes. Participation in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s express written consent to Sponsor for purposes of contacting such entrant in the event such entrant is a potential winner. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question.
Limit one Entry per person/email address and farm. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of any potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify in its sole discretion anyone suspected of entering the Contest more than once. Entries will be rejected if: (a) entry form is not fully completed (including uploading your Video) and submitted during the Contest Period; or (b) if Entry does not conform to the specific requirements listed below. Without limitation, the Contest Parties are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete, or incompatible Entries.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE ENTRY MEETS THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THE CONTEST PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE USE OF THE ENTRY BY THE CONTEST PARTIES AND THE CONTEST PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY AN ENTRANT IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THE ENTRANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE RULES.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ENTRANT: By participating in the Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that he or she:
- is a legal resident of the 50 United States and/or District of Columbia;
- is at least 18 years old or the age of majority in his or her state of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry.
Further, by participating in the Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Video meets the following requirements:
- does not include material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, (e.g. personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail), unless you have the permission of the applicable individual)) or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, the Video must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures;
- does not include mention or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property;
- does not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) defamatory, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g. relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age); illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane or harassing, all as determined by the Sponsor and/or the Contest Parties in their sole discretion;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
- does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (note: if you cannot obtain the consent of an individual appearing in your Video, then his/her face must be blurred out);
- is the entrant’s original idea and that the entrant has all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of the videographer) in and to the Video to enter the Contest;
- has never been previously exhibited publicly outside of this Contest or selected as a winner in any other contest;
- does not violate any federal, state, or local laws, statutes, ordinances or regulations;
- does not use music that is not originally written, performed and produced by you, unless the necessary permissions/licenses have been obtained;
Sponsor and/or the Contest Parties reserve the absolute right in its/their sole discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes violates any of the Video requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest. At any point during the Contest Period, and regardless of whether an Entry has been posted on the Website, the Sponsor and/or the Contest Parties reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to edit or modify any Video, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Video, in order to ensure that the Video complies with these Official Rules, or for any other reason. For greater certainty, the Sponsor and/or the Contest Parties reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to modify, edit or remove any Entry, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Entry, if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason.
- LICENSE.By entering the Contest and submitting a Video, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor, a perpetual, world-wide, irrevocable, assignable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable, non-exclusive license to publish, display, comment on, exhibit, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives any and all moral rights in and to his/her Video with respect to any use by the Sponsor.
- VIDEO REQUIREMENTS:
The Video must meet the following specific requirements:
1 to 2 minutes, up to 1000 MB
MP4 or MOV
CLICK HERE to check recommended video formats.
- HOW TO WIN: A panel of judges appointed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will judge the eligible Entries based upon the impact, uniqueness, appropriateness and relevance to the theme. Criteria will be weighed equally. A minimum of six highest scoring eligible Entries and no more than 100 highest scoring eligible Entries will be deemed finalists to be posted on Alltech’s Facebook page for public voting as long as there are at least ten Entries (“Finalists”). Number of Finalists depend upon the number and quality of the eligible Entries. In the event of a tie based on total score, the Entry with the highest score on appropriateness will be deemed to be the winner. On or before April 3, 2017, the Finalists will be notified by email and/or telephone that their video has been selected to be a Finalist posted to Alltech’s Facebook page. The Videos of the finalists will be posted on Alltech’s Facebook page,http://facebook.com/AlltechNaturally (the “Alltech Page”), on or about April 3, 2017. Public voting will take place on the Alltech Page from the time the Videos are posted on or about April 3, 2017 and will end at 12:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time on April 10, 2017. The one video with the most number of “likes” on the Alltech Page will be the potential winner. “Likes” on other Facebook pages or profiles will not be counted. In the event of a tie, a panel of Alltech employees will review and vote upon the tied Videos with the most number of “likes” and the Video receiving the majority of the votes will be deemed the potential winner.
- NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER(S): The potential winner(s) will be notified via telephone and/or email on April 10, 2017. By accepting the prize, the potential winner agrees, except where prohibited by law, that: i) they have complied with these Rules; ii) they acknowledge acceptance of the prize (as awarded); iii) Sponsor shall have the right to use his/her photograph or other likeness, farm name, and depiction in the Video, without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet; iv) they agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet; v) they release both Facebook and the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize or any portion thereof.
Federal and state laws and regulations apply. If the potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted by phone or email within five business days of April 10, 2017; (ii) there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; (iii) fails to return the properly executed agreement prepared by Sponsor within the specified time; (iv) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the prize (as awarded) for any reason; (v) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he or she will forfeit their opportunity to be the winner and the Sponsor reserves the absolute right and discretion to select an alternate potential winner with the next highest amount of “likes” should the first potential winner forfeit the prize, fail to claim the prize, or be disqualified. Sponsor’s decisions on eligibility and awarding of prize(s) are final and binding.
- PRIZE. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income taxes), fees and charges relating to the use and acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No substitution or cash equivalent for prize except at the discretion of Sponsor. Any depiction of prize is for illustrative purposes only.
- There will be one prize available to be won if at least five (5) eligible Entries are submitted. The prize consists of registration for the winner and a guest to attend ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference, taking place in Lexington, Kentucky on May 21-24, 2017 (“Conference”) (registration cost is $695.00 per person, total registration value is $1,390.00 for two persons), and a $2,000.00 check to be to be provided to the winner in person at the Conference and which can be used as reimbursement for travel expenses to the Conference. The total approximate value of the prize is $3,390.00; however, no monetary amount with respect to registration for the Conference will be provided to the winner or their guest. Selected winner will not receive the prize if he or she does not attend the Conference.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless both Facebook and the Contest Parties, their related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, administrator, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, damage, losses, injury, or claim or cause of action arising out of the creation, administration, fulfillment, or participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, the Website, telephone or network lines, or any interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections or communications; (c) any errors, omissions, interruptions or deletions of any kind due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; (d) lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible or undeliverable entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (f) injury, death or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from such entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the prize; (g) any damage to any computer system resulting from access to or the download of information or materials connected with the Contest; (h) any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. Each entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY: Sponsor and its affiliate and subsidiary companies do not make any warranties, express or implied, as to the condition, fitness or merchantability of the prize(s).
- The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry Form, Website, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a Commonwealth of Kentucky state or federal court. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would result in the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- SEVERABILITY: The unenforceability of any clause of the Official Rules will not impact the enforceability of all other provisions of the Official Rules.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND CONTEST RESULTS: A copy of these Official Rules and/or winner’s list (available after April 10, 2017) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped written request to Alltech, Inc., Attn: My Farm My Future Contest, Attn: Alltech My Farm My Future Contest, 3031 Catnip Hill Road, Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356.