I Am Ag
At Alltech, we believe in the power of “agvocacy” — of everyday farmers sharing their stories.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then we want to see more photos on social media that celebrate the spirit, culture and raw beauty of agriculture life.
Share your favorite snapshot of a farm or farm innovation with us, and you could win a trip to ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference (ONE19) in Lexington, Kentucky, held May 19–21, 2019. The top three photo submissions (as determined by the number of “Likes” they receive on Facebook) will receive free registration for the winner and a guest, along with $2,000 to put toward travel and hotel expenses.
Not a bad deal, right?
This contest is only open to U.S. residents. For other countries, click here.
This contest is now open.
The deadline to enter is Nov. 30, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Public voting will begin on the Alltech Naturally Facebook page on Dec. 3, 2018, at 3:00 p.m. EDT and will close on December 17, 2018, at 12:00 p.m. EDT.
People can vote for your photo by "liking" it on our Facebook page. The three photos with the most “Likes” will be declared the winners (subject to eligibility requirements).
The prize package (Remember: There are three of these up for grabs!):
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATIONS. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT.
1. SPONSOR: The Alltech iamAGONE19 Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by Alltech, Inc., 3031 Catnip Hill Road, Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356 (“Sponsor”). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
3. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: This Contest is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor or its subsidiaries, sister, affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the Contest judges (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) and their immediate family members and persons residing in the same household of such family members are ineligible to enter or win the Contest. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Photos shall not:
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disallow any entry that it believes violates one or more of these rules.
5. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on October 15, 2018, and ends on November 30, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). The Sponsor’s computer will be the official time-keeping device. All entries must be received by no later than November 30, 2018, to enter and be eligible to win.
6. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. Limit one Entry per person and farm.
All entries will be judged by a panel of judges, who will pick the top 20 photos, which will be posted on Facebook. The photos will be judged on the aesthetics, uniqueness and photo theme. From there, the top 20 photos will be posted on Facebook for our Facebook community to pick the top three photos.
The Photos of the Finalists will be posted on Alltech’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/AlltechNaturally/ (the “Alltech Page”), on or about December 3, 2018. Public voting will take place on the Alltech Page from the time the Photos are posted until December 17, 2018, and will end at 12:00 p.m., ET.
All Entries become the property of Sponsor. Entrants are responsible for notifying the Sponsor in writing if the entrant’s contact information changes. Participation in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s express written consent to Sponsor for purposes of contacting such entrant in the event such entrant is a winner.
Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of any potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, anyone suspected of entering the Contest more than once. Entries will be rejected if: (a) entry form is not fully completed (including uploading your Photo) and submitted during the Contest Period; or (b) if Entry does not conform to the specific requirements listed below. Without limitation, the Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE ENTRY MEETS THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THE CONTEST PARTIES WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE USE OF THE ENTRY BY THE CONTEST PARTIES, AND THE CONTEST PARTIES SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY AN ENTRANT IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT THE ENTRANT HAS DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE RULES.
7. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ENTRANT AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: By participating in the Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that he or she:
Sponsor and/or the Contest Parties reserve the absolute right in its/their sole discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes violates any of the Photo requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and Theme of the Contest. At any point during the Contest Period, and regardless of whether an Entry has been posted on the Website, the Sponsor and/or the Contest Parties reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Photo, in order to ensure that the Photo complies with these Official Rules, or for any other reason. For greater certainty, the Sponsor and/or the Contest Parties reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to remove any Entry, or to request an entrant to modify or edit his or her Entry, if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, if Sponsor believes the Photo violates the Contest rules, or for any other reason.
8. LICENSE. By entering the Contest and submitting a Photo, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, assignable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable, non-exclusive license to publish, display, comment on, exhibit, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use the Entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives any and all moral rights in and to his/her Photo with respect to any use by the Sponsor.
9. HOW TO WIN: Up to three winners will be selected. Number of Finalists depend upon the number and quality of the eligible Entries.
The three Finalists’ Photo(s) with the most number of “likes” on the Alltech Page will be the winners. “Likes” on other Facebook pages or profiles will not be counted. In the event of a tie of Facebook “likes,” a panel of Alltech employees will review and vote upon the tied Photos with the most number of “likes” and the Photo receiving the majority of the votes will be deemed the potential winner. If it is determined that a winner is disqualified, at the complete discretion of Sponsor, the Photo with the next highest “Likes” will be selected as a winner.
10. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S): The winner(s) will be notified via telephone and/or email on or around Dec. 18, 2018. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees, except where prohibited by law, that: i) they have complied with these Rules; ii) they acknowledge acceptance of the prize (as awarded); iii) Sponsor shall have the right to use his/her photograph or other likeness, farm name, and depiction in the Photo, without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet; iv) they agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the Internet; v) they release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the Contest Parties and each of their respective owner(s), officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize or any portion thereof.
Selected winner(s) will be required to submit positive identification specified by Sponsor and must sign and complete (except where prohibited by law) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Acceptance and Release of Liability and Publicity Release (“Affidavit and Release”) to use his or her name and photograph for promotional purposes without further compensation in order to accept the prize and confirm his or her eligibility. Selected winner’s travel guest must sign (except where prohibited by law) a Travel Companion Form and Release of Liability and Publicity Release (“Travel Companion Release”) to use his or her photograph for promotional purposes without further compensation in order for the selected winner to accept the prize.
Federal and state laws and regulations apply. If the selected winner: (i) cannot be contacted by phone or email within five business days of Dec. 18, 2018; (ii) there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; (iii) fails to return the properly executed agreement prepared by Sponsor within the specified time; (iv) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the prize (as awarded) for any reason; (v) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he or she will forfeit their opportunity to be the winner and the Sponsor reserves the absolute right and discretion to select an alternate potential winner should a selected winner forfeit the prize, fail to claim the prize or be disqualified. Sponsor’s decisions on eligibility and awarding of prize(s) are final and binding.
11. PRIZE. All federal, state and local taxes (including income taxes), fees and charges relating to the use and acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner cannot assign or transfer the prize to another person. No substitution or cash equivalent for prize except at the discretion of Sponsor. Any depiction of prize is for illustrative purposes only.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the Contest Parties, their related companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, administrator, advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective owner(s), officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, damage, losses, injury or claim or cause of action arising out of the creation, administration, fulfillment, or participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, the Website, telephone or network lines, or any interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections or communications; (c) any errors, omissions, interruptions or deletions of any kind due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; (d) lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible or undeliverable entries; (e) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (f) injury, death or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from such entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of the prize; (g) any damage to any computer system resulting from access to or the download of information or materials connected with the Contest; (h) any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. Each entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
13. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY: Sponsor and its subsidiary, sister, affiliated, and related companies do not make any warranties, express or implied, as to the condition, fitness or merchantability of the prize(s).
15. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
The Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry Form, Website, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a Commonwealth of Kentucky state or federal court. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would result in the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
17. SEVERABILITY: The unenforceability of any clause of the Official Rules will not impact the enforceability of all other provisions of the Official Rules.
18. OFFICIAL RULES AND CONTEST RESULTS: A copy of these Official Rules or winner’s list (available after December 17, 2018) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped written request to Alltech, Inc., Attn: I AM AG Contest, 3031 Catnip Hill Road, Nicholasville, Kentucky 40356.